Tim A. Fife, MD
Tim A. Fife, MD has been a member of Sacramento Ear, Nose & Throat Surgical and Medical Group, Inc since 2014. Dr. Fife is board certified and is a member of the American Board of Otolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery.
Dr. Fife practices all aspects of Otolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery, including the medical and surgical treatment of most ear, nose and throat conditions in both children and adults. He has special interest in the evaluation and treatment of voice and swallowing disorders. As part of his assessment of maladies of the voice, he utilizes laryngeal stroboscopy to analyze vocal cord mobility and diagnose a variety of voice pathologies, including chronic hoarseness, vocal cord injuries, tracheal stenosis and benign and malignant lesions of the larynx. For many conditions, he is able to offer both medical and surgical treatment options.
Dr. Fife grew up in the Central Valley and attended Brigham Young University where he completed his undergraduate degree in Neuroscience. He subsequently received his medical training at the University of California, Davis. He then headed east to Wake Forest, where he completed his residency in Otolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery. His research has been published in national and international peer-reviewed journals, and he has presented at national meetings around the country.
When not at work, Dr. Fife enjoys spending time with his family – his wife, Cami, and three young children, Charlie, Anna and Jane. His hobbies include cycling, creative writing and listening to music. He is fluent in German and conversant in American Sign Language.
- Fife TA, Butler SG, Langmore SE, Kemp S, Lester S, Grace-Martin K, Wright SC, Lintzenich CR. “The Use of Topical Nasal Anesthesia during Flexible Endoscopic Evaluation of Swallowing in Dysphagic Patients.” Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol. 2015 Mar;124(3):206-11
- Fife TA, Lewis MA, Oliver ER. “Cochlear Implantation in Meniere’s Disease.” JAMA-Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2014;140(6):535-539
- Fife TA, Waltonen J, Smith B, Sullivan CS, Browne JD. “Polymorphous Low-grade Adenocarcinoma: A 17 Patient Case Series.” Am J Otolaryngol. 2013;34(5):445-8
- Lester S, Langmore SE, Lintzenich CR, Wright SC, Grace-Martin K, Fife TA, Butler SG. “The Effects of Topical Anesthesia on Nasendoscopy during Swallowing.” Laryngoscope. 2013;113:1704-08
- Fife TA, “Polymorphous Low-grade Adenocarcinoma.” Audio-Digest Otolaryngol. 2012;45:24.
Undergraduate Education: Brigham Young University
University of California, Davis
Wake Forest University - Otolaryngology
Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery