Sandra’s Papa a la Huancaína
Yield: 4 Servings
- ½ cup aji amarillo paste
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 4 soda crackers
- 8 oz. queso fresco
- Iceberg lettuce leaves
- 6 yellow potatoes, boiled and peeled
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and cut in slices
- Parsley sprigs
- Place the aji amarillo paste in a blender.
- Add oil and milk and process with the crackers, queso fresco, and salt, until smooth.
- On a fresh plate, layer lettuce leaves, potato slices, and a few tablespoons of the combined sauce.
- Garnish with hard boiled eggs.