Our researchers want to develop a saliva based test that can be administered in a dental or physician’s office to aid in the decision to biopsy potentially cancerous lesions in your mouth. The investigational test is quick and noninvasive using only your saliva for testing.
How can I help?
Join our research as we take a closer look at health of your mouth. Because tests for oral cancer are usually visual, the disease is too often detected in the late stages where treatment is difficult. Your participation will improve research in early detection and intervention of oral cancer.
Who can participate?
This study might be a good fit for you if you meet the following qualifications:
- You are at least 23 years of age
- Your dentist or doctor has a clinical suspicion of potentially malignant oral disorders
- You have not been previously diagnosed or treated for head and neck cancers
- You have not had a previous positive biopsy
- You are not pregnant
What does participating involve?
- Complete a clinical questionnaire that asks about your medical history, socioeconomic status, smoking and drinking history, and questions related to your oral health
- Refrain from eating, drinking, tobacco use, chewing gum, using mouthwash or brushing teeth for an hour prior to taking the OncAlert RAPID test
- Have an oral physical exam
- Complete the OncAlert RAPID test
Qualified participants may receive:
- Compensation for time and travel
- Study related care
What should I do now?
If participating in this research study is something you think you might be interested in, please talk with your family and then to your doctor. If you wish to take the next step toward possible participation, or have more questions, please fill out the form on this page and we will contact you shortly. Contacting us does not obligate you to participate in this research study.